Track-Watch® Safety System Operation
Track-Watch® uses Train-Detectors placed at track locations that are a safe distance away from the track-working area. Train-Detectors sense oncoming rail traffic that triggers a transmitting “Alert” signal back to the track-working area. The track-working area has the Track Side Warning Alarm unit and the track-worker-worn TPASS®3 or SuperCELL® SC500, all which sound an audible and visual alert notifying the work crew that rail traffic is approaching.
Please watch the video for more information and call to speak with our professional sales personnel at 724.962.9231.
(1) Rail traffic detected at a distance from the work site
Track-Watch® Train Detector senses rail traffic and transmits a secure, encrypted radio-frequency (RF) signal when a locomotive or other rail traffic is detected.
(2) RF warning signals are transmitted back to the work site
The RF transmitted warning signal is propagated through a MicroRepeater to the Track-Side Warning Alarm and the worker-worn TPASS®3 and SuperCELL® SC500 alerting track worker personnel of oncoming rail traffic.
(3) Warning signals are received at work site alerting track-worker personnel
All personnel in the track working area are alerted of oncoming rail traffic
- Track-Side Warning Alarm receives alert signal and activates its very loud sirens and flashes a bright strobe light
- Workers with TPASS®3 receive the alert signal and sound a loud audible alarm and flashing LED lights
- Supervisory personnel with SuperCELL® SC500 receive the alert signal and sound an audible and vibrating alarm
- Supervisor uses the SuperCELL® SC500 to remotely reset Train Detector after rail traffic has passed
Track-Watch® System Components Include:
- Train Detector with Mounting Bracket, fits any size rail, lockable, no-tools
- Micro TPASS Repeater, optional extension bracket
- TPASS®3 Personal Safety Alarm and motoring devices
- SuperCELL® SC500 Supervisory Personal Safety Alarm and system reset controller
- Track-Side Warning Alarm, loud siren and strobe light warning of oncoming rail traffic